[texworks] Feature request: Window Menu show asterisk beside unsaved file names

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 00:30:36 CEST 2010

Since I first encountered Tw I have been  quite convinced that what
you guys are doing with Tw is top notch, and your attitude to us users
is making great progress possible.

As the best suggestions are implemented Tw is going to fulfil its
mission of helping people on Windows get into LaTeX ,as happened on
Mac with the inspiration for Tw.

Its now obvious that it has something to contribute to the Linux
community as well.

I am currently working on a reasonably large and complex document, and
TeXWorks is my (can't just say editor) -- Publishing(?) environment of
choice.

This is becoming more and more so as the scripting environment
develops and matures - that's what encouraged me about the potential
for HTML driven user interfaces for more complex task support and
LaTeX helps, in the Tw editor.

I try to focus my requests around:

1. obvious Windows type transitions from Gnome or related type
development (things like the Alt key access to menus that Windows
users take for granted which someone has brought up here already),

2. and the small things that are easily overlooked in the busyness of
development that will nark Windows users from their normal
anticipations of how an application will operate.

3. Then features that will really make the Tw Environment rock!

Keep up the good work!!!  It is really appreciated.

paul