[texworks] Script: QtWebKit Module - "bridge JavaScript ... Qt object model " (branched from Questions about the API)

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Apr 14 03:19:58 CEST 2010

On 14 April 2010 Paul A Norman wrote:

 > I'm getting a bit hopeful here ...
 >
 > >> AFAIK, Qt can in principal display HTML (e.g. inside a label, text edit,
 > >> etc.). This is currently not exposed to the scripts. However, I don't
 > >> think it would be of much use as there is no easy way to communicate
 > >> with the html objects. So you could design a nice interface, but you
 > >> wouldn't get any of the user's input. But I'll have to look into this a
 > >> little more, maybe there is a way.
 > >>

 > >I had some idea there was some sort of Qt  HTML module mentioned once
 > >- but I know absolutely nothing about it - found this on a search
 > >today
 >                 http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/qtwebkit.html
 >
 > I can see how this could possibly give us a
 >           1. really good detailed internal help system for packages
 > and commands

A help system is certainly appreciated.  I think that if people ask
for documentation about a particular package, texdoc should be used,
but if they don't know which package supports what they need, it's
quite helpful to have an interface to Robin's FAQ.

I'm sure that making Qt's HTML module available to the scripting
engines would be a great step forward.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25