[texworks] Drag Drop - Text or Image \includegraphics{blablah.jpg}

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Tue Apr 13 14:57:33 CEST 2010

Le 13 avr. 2010 à 14:38, Stefan Löffler a écrit :

> However, for me inclusion of both images (via \includegraphics) and text
> (verbatim) works if I modify the drop action from copy (the default) to
> move or link. For me, this means holding down shift or ctrl+shift (but
> this may be system specific). In any case, direct inclusion should be
> the intended (default) behavior for all files except those supported by
> the editor/previewer (currently, these are .tex and .pdf).

On the Mac, the default behaviour when you drop a binary file onto an editor window (TextEdit, TeXShop) or a shell window (Terminal), is to insert the absolute full path for the file at the pointer.

However, where things would get tricky is the syntax to use for "odd" characters. For example, a space in the path is translated by default to "\ " in Terminal, but not in TeXShop where the \ would confuse TeX. I daren't even speak of what might happen for non-ascii characters, like the ø mentioned recently, or in French œ à é etc., depending on the encoding setting in the editor window and what \includegraphics allows in file names.

Bruno Voisin