[texworks] now r596 breaks compilation on Xubuntu 8.10 w. Qt 4.4.3

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 14:51:49 CEST 2010

Hi again,

Am 2010-04-05 14:38, schrieb Peter Wüsten:
> thank you so much for your quick responses :-) However, new evil lurks
> around the corner.
>
> While trying to compile r597 make stops giving me this (these) errors:
>
> I suppose it's revision 596 that caused the error as that's where
> TWApp.ccp was changed.

No, it's r597. The QHash functionality was added to QVariant only in Qt
4.5. For the time being I'd suggest to use r596 which should build
correctly for you (you can use `svn up -r 596` to backdate your working
copy) until these experimental issues are resolved.

@Jonathan: I haven't had time to look at your approach for window
position saving, yet, but I experimented some time ago with registering
my own struct for QVariant via Q_DECLARE_METATYPE. This worked well for
me at the time, and it's supposed to be supported since (before?) Qt
4.3. Plus it has the advantage of presenting us with a simple,
expandable data structure directly. Back then, I also added a "line"
property to reopen files at the line last selected. Unfortunately, I
never got around to flattening out all issues (in particular race
conditions when re-opening a document, when one part of the code tries
to restore the window layout and another part tries to save the current
settings to the recent docs list). But if you're interested I could send
you what I have some time.

Cheers,