[texworks] close and exit

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Mon Apr 5 11:36:45 CEST 2010

Paul A Norman wrote:
> My 2c worth ... I have quite got use to having different windows open
> in TeXWorks and have developed a very good work-flow around it, I now
> quite like it, Especially on a two screen layout.

Well, I don’t care about close/exit at all, but I also have mostly
different windows open – which annoys me. There are just too many
windows. A Mac/Windows-user might be used to this, but I like a clean
workspace with only a few windows (on 12,1" screen …)
So in this close/exit debate, maybe the feature of tabbing could also be
regarded? At the moment I can kind-of use tabbing via my window manager,
but it’s just not the same :(

> ...  BUT would love that the last window 'closed' did not close the
> whole program!  I can use File/Quit TexWorks for that.
>
>  Could that (the last window 'closed' did not close the whole program)
> be a preferences option please? It would be a great help.  Many a time
> I have had to completely restart TeXWorks.

I don’t understand why not just open a new document and then closing the
old one instead of the other way …
Another feature request in this context: Opening a non-existing
document. I.e. with kile, I can just open a document by typing some name
to the ”open“ dialogue and then can save the document with this name. So
I don’t have to say ”new“ and then save it. It’s also kind of saving two
klicks/keystrokes, but I would like it.

cheers
Arno