[texworks] close and exit

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Mon Apr 5 07:41:27 CEST 2010

Le 5 avr. 2010 à 03:01, Herbert Schulz a écrit :

> My experience with Windows is absolutely minimal (I've been a Mac user for many years and UNIX [BSD] before that) but I've always seen people close the the file via the Close Window (x?) box which essentially closed the program. When I was working at the Apple Store it was a continual challenge to have folks nre to the Mac separate the opening and closing of a document from the open and closing of the application. I'm sort of amazed that there was such a separation with some applications under Windows.

Same experience here (apart from working at the Apple Store!): every time I tried to explain something to a Windows user, it was quite a challenge to make them see the difference between closing a document and quitting (or exiting, apparently, in Windows parlance) an application. Even after spending time explaining this again and again, I'm still seeing most of the Windows users I know clicking on the current window's close button to exit the application, and when doing this on the Mac be amazed that (or fail to realize that) it doesn't exit the application.

Bruno Voisin