[texworks] 'No SyncTex data available', Xunbuntu 9.10, TeXWorks 0.3 ver 571

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Apr 4 22:46:27 CEST 2010

On 4 April 2010 Alain Delmotte wrote:

 >  From the file install-tl.txt:
 > #!/usr/bin/env perl
 > # $Id: install-tl 17455 2010-03-14 15:52:58Z preining $
 > #
 > # Copyright 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 Reinhard Kotucha, Norbert Preining
 > # This file is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2
 > # or any later version.
 >
 > It looks like it already is 2010.
 > Now I'll have to look how to "downgrade".

No, you obviously installed an up-to-date version of TeX Live 2009
using the network installer.

If you are using the network installer you always get the latest stuff
while the ISO image contains a snapshot taken when TeX Live 2009 was
released.  Thus, the installer on the ISO image doesn't mention "2010"
in the copyright note but the network installer you downloaded does.

The fact that the copyright message mentions 2010 just means that you
are using a recent revision of the network installer.  The installer
doesn't care about TeX Live release numbers at all.  It just installs
what's available.

In order to find out which release of TeX Live you are actually using,
please consult the file "release-texlive.txt".  It's in the TeX Live
root directory.

BTW, even if something like "TeX Live 2010 beta" would exist, why not
try it at least? :)

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25