[texworks] 'No SyncTex data available', Xunbuntu 9.10, TeXWorks 0.3 ver 571

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 12:52:37 CEST 2010

Thanks Jonathan and Alain,

>From your questions Jonathan, I had a look at my tex distribution and
realised that it was only TexLive 2007 (it came with Ubuntu 9.10).

Set up for an update using this repository:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:aelmahmoudy/tl2009

Got TeXLive2007 off, and did the TeXLive 2009-07 install (not having
any reference to a more recent one not having seen Alain's message
yet.)

sudo apt-get install texlive

Once completed then did a full install using synaptic texlive-full
package installation.

Now scyntex works fine both between source and preview and, preview and source.

My TeXWorks is:
  2007-2010 Jonathan Kew & Stefan Löffler Version 0.3 (r.571),
  with the svn offset on the version number that Alain has also noticed.

So I take it that we should avoid the latest TeXLive (April? 2010) for now?

Paul