[texworks] Synctex not working (was: Missing TexWorks folder when installed with MikTex 2.8)

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 14:55:21 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 2010-03-29 05:15, schrieb Bruce Allison:
> It does not seem that accents in the path are the problem.  The TexWorks
> program is in the folder suggested by the installer, and for the purposes of
> this test the source file is
> C:\Documents and Settings\Bruce\My Documents\Practice TexWorks.tex.

Since typesetting seems to work, do you have a "Practice
TexWorks.synctex" or "Practice TexWorks.synctex.gz" alongside your
"Practice TexWorks.pdf"?

If you do, do you get a message in the status window of Tw's previewer
(when opening the pdf) about a synctex file not being found?

If not, then Synctex can't work because it doesn't have any data on your
document (in this case follow Alain's comment about including the
synctex option).

HTH