[texworks] Missing TexWorks folder when installed with MikTex 2.8

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Mon Mar 29 06:35:19 CEST 2010

Le 29 mars 2010 à 05:15, Bruce Allison a écrit :

> I did download and install the latest version of TeXworks.  Unfortunately,
> SyncTexing does not work when I enter "Ctrl click" in the source file or the
> pdf file.
>
> It does not seem that accents in the path are the problem.  The TexWorks
> program is in the folder suggested by the installer, and for the purposes of
> this test the source file is
> C:\Documents and Settings\Bruce\My Documents\Practice TexWorks.tex.

Aren't spaces in the source file name a problem? I'am surprised LaTeX at all can process your file. Or are you using plain TeX?

There are TeX implementations on the Mac that can process a plain TeX file with spaces in its name, but I thought with LaTeX that was inherently impossible (because of all the ancillary files -- .aux files etc -- that LaTeX needs to generate and read).

I wouldn't be surprised that SyncTeX doesn't like spaces either.

Bruno Voisin