[texworks] Missing TexWorks folder when installed with MikTex 2.8

Alain Delmotte esperanto at swing.be
Fri Mar 26 09:03:18 CET 2010

Hi Bruce!

Bruce Allison a écrit :
> Thanks Ignasi,
> I did find the TeXworks folder at
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\Local Settings\Application
> Data\MiKTeX\2.8\TeXworks
>
> as you suggested.
>
> However, the features that I mentioned (for example SyncTexing ) still
> do not work.  For some reason, TeXWorks does not seem to be finding
> this folder, even though my installation of TeXworks is exactly as
> installed by Miktex 2.8.
>
> Alain Delmotte has suggested that I download the "official"
> distribution of TeXworks and install it, but I am reluctant to do this
> and end up with two versions of TeXworks installed on my system.  It
> seems that if MikTex is distributing this as a standard part of their
> Tex system, it should work.
>
> Any further thoughts are welcome.

There is still the problem of accented characters in the path and file
names.
Check if you have any accent there.
So
C:\Documents and
Settings\Principal\Bureau\travaux-pour-etudiants\test.tex is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Principal\Bureau\travaux pour
etudiants\test.tex also, but not
C:\Documents and
Settings\Principal\Bureau\travaux-pour-étudiants\test.tex for the "é".

Now the space doesn't make problem any more (at least on my machine).

Alain