[texworks] ver 567 Scripts - Cariag/Line returns now coming back as ??

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Wed Mar 17 19:00:16 CET 2010

Le 17 mars 2010 à 15:37, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> On 17 Mar 2010, at 14:30, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>> I tried to browse the sources to find a list of encodings somewhere inside, but didn't. Are the names inherited from Qt?
>
> Yes; see http://qt.nokia.com/doc/4.6/qtextcodec.html.

I see. Thanks, that makes things clearer.

>> Does this mean TeXShop's names for encodings are understood by TeXworks?
>
> It knows some of them, anyhow - I thought this would be helpful to people who share documents, or use both.
>
> See http://code.google.com/p/texworks/source/browse/trunk/src/TeXDocument.cpp#802.

Thanks, that's useful indeed. Recently Windows Latin 1 has been added to TeXShop's encoding, though it's not mentioned in the help. Based on the following sources of information

/Applications/TeX/TeXShop.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Encodings.strings
<http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/Carbon/Conceptual/ProgWithTECM/tecmgr_encnames/tecmgr_encnames.html>

it seems the following equivalences might be added to the list

"  I s o L a t i n G r e e k" ,		 "I S O  8 8 5 9 - 7 ",
"JISJapanese",			"ISO 2022-JP",
" W i n d o w s   L a t i n   1" ,		"Windows-1252",
"WindowsCentralEurRoman",	"Windows-1250",

and, if I've understood things right, one correction could be brought

"IsoLatin9",			"ISO 8859-15",

Bruno