[texworks] ver 567 Scripts - Cariag/Line returns now coming back as ??

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 12:04:04 CET 2010

Hi Paul,

Am 2010-03-16 11:55, schrieb Paul A Norman:
> So I'm best to convert to QTScript, I don;t have enough experience in
> LUA for regular expressions but I can do it in JS or QTScript no
> problem.

This is entirely up to you, of course. Once this is fixed, it shouldn't
make any difference, though.

> So it looks from Jonathan's post there that I would need to so something like
>
> txt =  txt.replace(/\u2029/g, '\n');
>
> When this is "fixed" would I need to remove that line?

No, you can keep that line. It simply replaces the odd markers
(actually, they are not so odd; they are what unicode defines as
paragraph mark (as opposed to simply forcing a new line); they are just
not particularly wide spread). When the fix is released, there shouldn't
be any of those odd markers, so the line wouldn't do anything anymore.

> I have noticed that other characters are similarly treated, is there a
> table somewhere I could look at please to know how TeXWorks editor
> handles things pasted from other word processors that look ok in
> TeXWorks but  perhaps can come back from script as rectangles or
> ?marks

Really? I haven't come across any of these, yet. So there's no list that
I know of. But if you could give some examples, this could be helpful.
A general speculation would be that there is an encoding problem - if
you have special unicode characters (like an ffi-ligature) in your text,
they are displayed correctly by Tw, but when passed to scripts and back
to are not interpreted correctly. But again, without examples to test
this hypothesis it's just idle speculation.

HTH