[texworks] compiling in Win7

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 14:15:01 CET 2010

Hi Benny,

Am 2010-02-27 09:15, schrieb Benny Lautrup:

> My comments to your instructions are few
>

> 1.       Show all links explicitly, not just by some text. That is
> useful for someone (like me) that prints the instructions.

Done. I'd have preferred to only change it in a print view, but since
there is none I added them normally.

> 2.       When compiling hunspell, tell the user to run “make clean”
> first. It matters if you change the version of g++.

I didn't add this one, though, as it shouldn't be necessary during
normal operation. During normal operation, make clean will probably only
throw a bunch of error messages (since it's trying to delete files that
don't exist), which I'd prefer to avoid.
In general, if you change anything fundamental at the beginning of the
guide, you should redo the whole guide with a fresh copy, anyway.
Otherwise you're easily stuck with incompatible versions, etc.

> 3.       When running qmake first time, it doesn’t produce Makefile.
>  I had to make a qmake.bat with the line
> qmake.exe -makefile -win32 TeXworks.pro

Done. I didn't think it's necessary usually, but maybe that's
configuration/version specific. In any case, this command line shouldn't
hurt ;).

Thanks for these contributions!