[texworks] ?

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Wed Mar 3 07:58:22 CET 2010

On 02/03/2010 20:23, File Store wrote:
> I have installed TeXworks for Windows XP, I have read the manuel for editing
> but I can not see any way to view the document after writign with the
> TeXworks editor.
>
> I don't really know if there is anything needed aditionally to support the
> system. I have Adobe pdf reader already
>
> There is also no commend to view, the namuel says there will be a prewiew
> window for the output.

A few questions:

1) Do you have a TeX distribution installed (MiKTeX or TeX Live are most
likely)?

2) What did you put in the editing window? If it produced no output you
won't see anything.

3) Did you typeset the text (Ctrl-T on Windows)? If so, can you send
your log.

> I used long time ago with UNIX but it was totally different.
>
> I rememeber something liek CTRL X-Ctrl-C
>
> To compose and view.

The later commands sound like Emacs (possibly AUCTeX), not TeXworks.
--
Joseph Wright