[texworks] Problem compiling build 569 under mingw4

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 17:16:51 CET 2010

Hi,

Am 2010-02-17 19:55, schrieb Jannie Hofmeyr:
> I have had no problems in the past compiling TeXworks under mingw4.
>
> With 569 I could compile both the python and the lua plugin (I used
> lua 5.2) so that the required libraries were in their respective
> release directories under plugins-src.
>
> Compilation of TeXworkds exited with:
>
> ./obj\TWScriptable.o:TWScriptable.cpp:(.text+0xa): undefined reference
> to `qt_plugin_instance_TWLuaPlugin()'
> ./obj\TWScriptable.o:TWScriptable.cpp:(.text+0x19): undefined
> reference to `qt_plugin_instance_TWPythonPlugin()'

I see the same thing. AFAICT, this is connected to static vs. shared
builds of Qt. I think this should be fixed in the code.

@Jonathan: You build Qt statically, I suppose. The KDE on Windows
project (naturally) distributes shared builds, though. I'd prefer to
make this configurable on the command line / in the project file
somehow. The way it is now, building (on Windows) is fairly complicated,
as everybody is forced to build all plugins (in order to include them
statically). This requires build-steps in three different directories
and additional dependencies (lua, python).
I think the simplest solution would be to define a preprocessor
directive indicating whether one wants to build static or shared plugins
(where I'd prefer shared to be the default for consistency with other
OSs and ease of use with KDE on Windows). If shared is selected,
everything should work without problems. And for your official builds,
static could be enabled.

HTH