[texworks] new *experimental* builds

kap4lin kap4lin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 18:29:37 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:19 PM, Jonathan Kew <jfkthame at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 18 Feb 2010, at 17:12, Bruno Voisin wrote:
>
>> Le 15 févr. 2010 à 01:41, Jonathan Kew a écrit :
>>
>>> For those who like to live on the "bleeding edge", I have posted new Mac and Windows builds of the development version of TeXworks (built from Subversion trunk r.567). These include scripting support for QtScript, Lua, and Python, as well as various other minor enhancements and bug-fixes.
>>>
>>> As always, feedback is welcome. Note that these builds implement the "new" scripting APIs using the "TW" global, so older scripts will need updating; e.g., the former "target" or "TWTarget" object is now addressed as "TW.target", etc.
>>
>> Not sure that's connected, but I've just noticed that, on OS X (Snow Leopard), the preview window is overly sensitive to gestures on a Magic Mouse: if you've scrolling activated, the slightest motion of a finger on the surface of the mouse causes the page to scroll up or down (instead of just displacing the page inside the window -- assuming only a portion of the page is displayed in the window).
>>
>> It may be some peculiarity of my setup. Scroll is on with momentum, and two-fingers swipe is on too. The tracking and scrolling cursors are to their rightmost positions, but that doesn't seem to have any effect on the issue. By the way, two-finger swipe doesn't seem to be taken into account.

I've got a friend of mine hooked on to TL+TW on Vista. The new
experimental build does have some issues with the sizing (guess) of
the preview window. The duo (editor+preview) crashes too often.
Although we haven't been able to repeat the process deterministically,
but it seems to occur more often when the windows are resized.

--
Regards
Kap4Lin