[texworks] message from TeXworks user

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Wed Feb 17 21:20:04 CET 2010

On 17 February 2010 Christian Reinsch wrote:

 > For many years I have used Sebastian Rahtz's TeX Live 7 (June 2002)
 > and it worked fine for me, although the PDF_TEX command would always
 > produce an error message. Then came TeEX Live 2009 whose recent
 > installation on a Windows XP computer finished with
 > Warning: envir.var TEXMFCNF is set
 > Warning: conflicting [pdf]tex program found on the system path in
 > C:\Programme\TeXLibe\bin\win32;
 > not fixable in usermode.
 > finished with path adjustment actions.

Never type error messages yourself.  Always copy and paste.  Your
programs are found (according to your pdftex messages) in

and not in

or is the latter one the path where you installed TeX Live 7?

If you upgrade from anything older than TL-2008 you have to remove the
environment variable TEXMFCNF manually.  You can do this in the
control panel somewhere under System -> Erweitert -> Umgebungsvariablen
or similar (don't have Windows).

Christian, you are asking on the wrong mailing list.  Please ask on
the TeX Live mailing list again.

And please put something reasonable into the subject field, don't
hijack other threads.  Start a new one yourself.

Marschnerstr. 25