[texworks] configuration placement on Vista

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sat Feb 13 15:55:01 CET 2010

On 12 Feb 2010, at 15:44, Lars Madsen wrote:

> Hi, I have a user who is using the latest MiKTeX and the TW installed by MiKTeX.

Ah - I hadn't realized you (or rather, the user you're helping) was using the MikTeX installation. It's possible that the MikTeX developers may have customized the configuration in some way; I know they're creating a slightly modified build, but don't know any details of the modifications.

I believe the MikTeX version (built from texworks svn source, not the stable release branch) includes some version of the experimental TW scripting support. If there's a Scripts menu with the Show Scripts Folder command, you could use this to locate the "scripts" folder; the "dictionaries" folder (and other configuration subfolders) ought to be in the same place, unless they've reconfigured it somehow.

Anyone else on the list who's used the MikTeX build on Vista and can enlighten us....?

JK