[texworks] Transferring local texmf tree from Linux to Windows (MiKTeX)

Michael Erickson erickson.michael at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 16:48:41 CET 2010

Hello all,

Work forces me to jump back and forth between a Linux and a WindowsXP
machine.  I have a local texmf under my home folder on my Linux box.  I
would like to copy that entire folder over to my WindowsXP machine so MikTeX
can use the fonts, style-files, and classes I've created under Linux.

>From the documentation, it appears that adding a local tree to MikTeX is
quite straightforward.  My question for the group is; does anyone have
advice for doing this?  Has anybody run into issues with file-naming,
line-endings, forward vs. backward slash file system navigation, etc.?

My initial thinking is just to zip up ~/texmf, copy it to WinXP, unzip it,
and point MikTeX at it.  Do I need to "unix2dos" the entire tree first?

Thanks for reading this far.  Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
--mike