[texworks] (no subject)

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 1 18:39:24 CET 2010

On 1 Feb 2010, at 12:05, reha artan wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> I have many manuscript written with TexnicCenter, If I open these files with TeXWorks turkish characters are changed with rectangles.  Can you help me?

What encoding were you using? TW uses UTF-8 by default, whereas I think TC works with older byte-oriented encodings. So you probably need to set the default encoding (in Preferences) correctly to match your existing files - or add a comment of the form:

 % !TEX encoding = (whatever encoding you were using)

at the beginning of such files, so that TeXworks knows how to interpret the text.

JK