[texworks] Auto-hide output panel

Casey P. Johnson cpj at math.utah.edu
Thu Jan 28 14:46:39 CET 2010

Hi.

I am using 511 on Windows (I have made several unsuccessful attempts to
compile newer revisions), so I apologize if the issue I am bringing up has
already been addressed in a later revision. It's just a minor annoyance
and it may be the behavior that some desire, but I would prefer a small
change.

I have the output panel on auto-hide (as most do, I expect). If an error
occurs the panel remains open (as it should). The issue I have is that on
subsequent compiles it remains open even in the absence of errors, so I
have to close it manually.

In my mind, it would be better for TexWorks to track whether the output
panel was opened manually or by an error. If it was an error that opened
it, I would like it to return to auto-hide mode.

Thanks.

Casey Johnson