[texworks] Trashing aux files

Iwan Setyawan isetyawan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 15:30:11 CET 2010

Hi,

Sorry if this has been brought up (and resolved) previously (I'm still
using r481 on my Ubuntu box).

TeXworks offers the ability to trash aux files. I find this function
very handy in some cases where I make an error resulting in
unsuccessful compilations. However, by default, TeXworks will offer
you to trash all aux files (.toc,.aux,.log)  it finds in the current
working directory. In my case, this is generally not what I want to
do. I just want to clear the 'current_file.aux' file (corresponding to
the 'current_file.tex', which I'm editing at the moment). While I can
uncheck the other aux files I want to keep, this makes the "Trash aux
files" operation needing multiple clicks. It would be better, IMHO, if
there's an option for TeXworks to trash only current_file.aux by
default.

Thanks,

- Iwan