[texworks] \begin{document} in colour

kap4lin kap4lin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 18:39:55 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 7:05 AM, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Am 2010-01-20 01:44, schrieb kap4lin:
>> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 9:17 AM, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> [...]
>> This is great, although very limited in the sense that it "makes
>> sense" only for latex keywords. What I mean is this:
>>
>> If there is a line break or a '}' in the _text_ then the font
>> style/color specification breaks down. And you don't expect either of
>> these in the keywords ;) I guess the styling/coloring works like sed -
>> one line at a time.
>>
> I agree that the usage is limited. Feel free to open a new issue on GC
> so we don't forget.

OK: Issue 276.

> However, the current approach is the simplest one (some would say it's
> not so simple at all with the complex regexp syntax and all) possible.
> Any other approach would probably require considerable amount of code
> and would also make the style definitions more complicated.

Yeah, I realized that. I was thrilled at first with the regex usage
but it was too good to be so simple ;(

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 9:17 AM, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Support for showing the text in bold (e.g. inside \textbf) has been
> added recently.

Thus, I am interested in seeing how \textbf has been incorporated. The
logical idea would be, whenever you see the string '\textbf{' you will
have to look for the first unpaired un-escaped closing brace, '}'.

--
Regards
Kap4Lin