[texworks] QT-script and XML?

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 12:56:38 CET 2010

Hi,

Am 2010-01-19 07:08, schrieb Paul A Norman:
> Looking at this from a different angle, ther is another scripting
> language that allows dynamic loading of modules at run time, and it
> has been integrated with Qt before, http://php-qt.org/
>
> Is that any use - there is a heap of stuff (vast functionality)
> already written for that.

Yes and no. php-qt seems to be working the other way round, i.e. it
exposes Qt functions to php. What we'd need would be to run php code
from Qt (well, C++ actually, but that doesn't matter here). It should be
possible somehow (after all webservers include php functionality), but
how I have no clue. If there's someone out there who has some experience
with this I could help with it, but after a quick glance I didn't find
the information that are needed on the internet.

In the meantime, there's a similarly large amount of stuff written for
Python, too. The only problem ATM is building the python plugin on
Windows...

Regards,