[texworks] \begin{document} in colour

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 15:17:48 CET 2010

Hi,

Am 2010-01-18 08:09, schrieb kap4lin:
> Not to hijack the thread but, I guess this is part of a bigger wish
> list - syntax highlighting - is it possible to show the text inside
> \textbf{...} in bold, is it possible to show anything inside
> \textcolor{blue}{...} in actually blue, .... the later one can
> actually be very useful in collaborative editing. I guess, I have
> auctex in mind ;)

Syntax highlighting in principle is available for ages. It's available
from the "Format -> Syntax Colouring" menu for each individual file or a
default value can be set in the preferences. ATM, only schemes for LaTeX
and ConTeXt are available in the sources, though. But it's fairly easy
to define some of your own. Just take a look at the file
configuration/syntax-patterns.txt inside your Tw config folder.

Support for showing the text in bold (e.g. inside \textbf) has been
added recently. The color for \textcolor commands is more difficult, as
the styling currently can't depend on the text that is highlighted. But
you could of course add style rules for your favorite colors individually.

HTH