[texworks] Editor messes with Latin1 encoded files (Umlaute destroyed)

Matthias Pospiech matthias.pospiech at gmx.de
Wed Jan 6 21:59:23 CET 2010

Joseph Wright schrieb:
> % !TEX encoding = <insert-encoding-here>

I am surprised that you introduce editor specific code...
> or of course change the TeXworks preferences to default to something
> other than UTF8.
That would unfortunately not match my needs. I have code written under
linux and others written under windows.
And I never know in advance what I load. So I really need to specify
this in the loading dialog or after the file is loaded.
Changing the settings each time does not look like the right solution,
though it would probably work .

Isnt there some kind of library that KDE wanted to use to identify the
encoding in advance for their KDE 4 series?

Matthias