[texworks] Typesetting to a postscript file (not to PDF)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Tue Dec 29 21:25:17 CET 2009

Le 29 déc. 2009 à 18:31, David Perry a écrit :

> Thank you!  I am, as you probably figured out, a complete novice at Acrobat Pro, although I generate PDFs all the time from xelatex and Word.

Same here: Acrobat, like other Adobe software (I'm using Illustrator extensively to post-process Mathematica output), seems extremely powerful, but the plethora of menus and items is quite overwhelming.

Sometime ago I downloaded the manual <http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Acrobat/9.0/Professional/acrobat_pro_9.0_help.pdf> and was planning to print it and study it quietly and carefully (in the tram, in the train, in bed before going to sleep, ...), but I got discouraged by the length (519 pages)!

For specific workflows, the tutorials at <http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/acrobat/> seem quite helpful (get the versions with embedded video and read them with Acrobat or Reader).

Bruno Voisin