[texworks] new experimental builds

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Sun Dec 20 17:30:41 CET 2009

Le 20 déc. 2009 à 17:11, Helge Baumann a écrit :

> So, I'll stay in touch with TeXWorks on my other account and keep on trying all new versions on my standard account until either Qt or Apple solves the problem by accident (or the hell freezes over, whatever comes first ...).

I don't remember exactly what you've tried, but regarding possible involvement of fontconfig (since this is what TeXworks uses for fonts if I'm not mistaken): for a long time I've been puzzled by seeing files

encodings.dir
fonts.cache-<number>
fonts.dir
fonts.list
fonts.scale

created mysteriously in all the fonts-related dirs (/System/Library/Fonts, /Library/Fonts and ~/Library/Fonts) and all of their subdirs if any. Then one day I saw indications somewhere (I don't remember exactly where) that these mysterious files are created by fontconfig.

They are created, for example, if you install MPlayer which calls fontconfig. I don't know if they are normally there otherwise, namely if OS X Snow Leopard includes fontconfig and creates these files by default.

Hence, since you obviously already deleted the standard font caches and that didn't solve your problem, did you also try to erase all the encodings.* and fonts.* files in ~/Library/Fonts and its subdirs, log out and back on again, and see whether that has any influence on your problem?

Bruno Voisin