[texworks] new experimental builds

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Dec 20 17:09:06 CET 2009

On Dec 20, 2009, at 9:55 AM, Joseph Wright wrote:

> On 20/12/2009 15:51, Jonathan Kew wrote:

>>> I'm not seeing that, things work "out of the box". What do you mean by "point TeXworks at /usr/texbin"? The latter is there at the top of the list by default in Preferences>  Typesetting>  Paths for TeX and related programs.
>>
>> Does the Restore Defaults button remove it, I wonder?
>>
>>> As every time I install a new version of TeXworks, I've started by removing ~/Library/TeXworks before launching the new TeXworks for the first time, so that a virginal TeXworks folder is recreated with updated defaults if the defaults have changed. (I merge my local changes -- only additional processing tools -- back afterwards.) Could this play a role here?
>>
>> I don't think so; I think you have the binary paths stored as part of the prefs file, which is separate from the various configuration files. Preferences are stored in a .plist file in ~/Library/Preferences/. If you were to delete that, I'm guessing you'd lose the /usr/texbin path.
>>
>> JK
>> (Not at my texworks machine right now, to actually experiment...)
>>

> I tried "Restore defaults": doesn't help. I also tried deleting both ~/Library/TeXworks and ~/Library/Preferences/org.tug. ... (whatever it's called!), still didn't work. I had to point the program at /usr/texbin in all cases.
> --
> Joseph Wright

Howdy,

By ``point the program'' I assume you mean set up /usr/texbin as one of the path elements in TeXworks->Preferences->Typesetting->Paths for TeX and related programs.

By the way, I haven't had a chance to move this version to my PPC system running 10.5 to test it but I will. If it was going to be Snow Leopard alone wouldn't Get Info... not list it as Universal?

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)