[texworks] new experimental builds

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 20 16:59:06 CET 2009

On 20 Dec 2009, at 15:47, Helge Baumann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> my annoying bug with the font list on preferences still occurs ...
> No TeXWorks for me :(

Sorry to hear that.

Given that it seems to work OK for other people, and even for you when running from other user accounts (if I recall correctly), it's clear that something unusual in your account - most likely something related to fonts - is triggering the problem, though the fact that it hangs may indicate a bug in how Qt handles the situation. But we went through the obvious steps of removing fonts, clearing caches, etc.

I don't know how to diagnose this further, short of actually having hands-on access to your machine in order to track down the issue in a debugger. Which is not very practical, unless you happen to be passing by my home sometime!

JK