[texworks] new experimental builds

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 20 16:51:01 CET 2009

On 20 Dec 2009, at 15:42, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 20 déc. 2009 à 16:24, Joseph Wright a écrit :
>> On Snow Leopard I have to "point" TeXworks at /usr/texbin to get things working. This didn't happen before: any idea why?
>
> I'm not seeing that, things work "out of the box". What do you mean by "point TeXworks at /usr/texbin"? The latter is there at the top of the list by default in Preferences > Typesetting > Paths for TeX and related programs.

Does the Restore Defaults button remove it, I wonder?

> As every time I install a new version of TeXworks, I've started by removing ~/Library/TeXworks before launching the new TeXworks for the first time, so that a virginal TeXworks folder is recreated with updated defaults if the defaults have changed. (I merge my local changes -- only additional processing tools -- back afterwards.) Could this play a role here?

I don't think so; I think you have the binary paths stored as part of the prefs file, which is separate from the various configuration files. Preferences are stored in a .plist file in ~/Library/Preferences/. If you were to delete that, I'm guessing you'd lose the /usr/texbin path.

JK
(Not at my texworks machine right now, to actually experiment...)