[texworks] message from TeXworks user

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 19:08:09 CET 2009

Hi,

On 2009-12-18 11:59, Michel Nicolas wrote:
> I have installed MacTex 2009 on Snow Leopard and I am trying TeXworks
> (in French).
>
> Compilation of LaTex is working fine but I have a problem with the
> spell checker of TeXworks: no language is available for it (in option
> “Language for spell checking”, the only possibility is “None”).
>
> Am I supposed to install hunspell ? Or should it be already installed
> and I am supposed to install dictionaries ? I any case could you give
> me an indication for doing it.

I'm not a Mac expert at all. But I assume you got the precompiled binary
from the TeXworks page? In that case, I think hunspell and all the
libraries you need should be included, AFAIK.
You do have to install dictionaries, though (Tw doesn't work with the
built-in Mac spell checker, IIRC). See
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/SpellingDictionaries for some
information about how to do that.

HTH