[texworks] How to install TeXworks from source on Linux

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 16 20:05:52 CET 2009

On 16 Dec 2009, at 18:01, Waichler, Scott R wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I followed the directions in the README file and got the dependencies installed.  But there is no "qmake" command in the files, configure, or Makefile files.

qmake is a tool that's part of Qt. (It might be named qmake-qt4; some distros seem to do that, to distinguish from the Qt3 version.) You just run qmake in the TW source directory, and it creates the Makefile (based on TeXworks.pro).

If you don't have qmake, then you don't have the necessary Qt4 development stuff installed. I don't know how RHEL packages any of that; I always install from the original Trolltech (umm, Nokia) sources.

JK