[texworks] ubuntu jaunty package and texlive 2009

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Dec 14 19:40:23 CET 2009

On Mo, 14 Dez 2009, Alessandro Languasco wrote:
> and, as a dependence, synaptic wish to install texlive 2007...
> but I have already installed texlive 2009 and I don't want to downgrade to tl2007.

You mean you have the Debian packages for TeX Live 2009 installed, or
you have TeX Live installed from TeX Live INstaller?

In the first case I would be surprised.

In the second case you cannot do much but wait for Ubuntu to take up
our tl 2009 packages, or play around with the equivs packgeas. Or, if
you don't care for hard disk, install the minimal necessary texlive 2007
packages and adjust the path that the tl200 binaries are found first.
TeXworks will pick up the earlier ones automatically.

> Do you have any suggestion to force the texworks installation via synaptic without any dependencies
> on the tex packages?

Similar questions have been asked several times on several lists, you
can find for sure some explanations on how to use equivs with tex live
on the net.

Best wishes

Norbert
JAIST, Japan            TU Wien, Austria           Debian TeX Task Force
HORTON-CUM-STUDLEY (n.)
The combination of little helpful grunts, nodding movements of the
head, considerate smiles, upward frowns and serious pauses that a
group of people join in making in trying to elicit the next
pronouncement of somebody with a dreadful stutter.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff