[texworks] cocoAspell and TeXworks

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Fri Nov 27 16:06:19 CET 2009

Le 27 nov. 2009 à 15:56, Stefan Löffler a écrit :

> I'm not a Mac expert, but Tw doesn't support Aspell directly, AFAIK. It
> comes with its own binding to the hunspell spell checker. See
> http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/SpellingDictionaries for more
> information about the spell checking system in Tw.
>
> [...]
>
> PS: Support for other spell checkers like Aspell is planned, but not yet
> implemented due to some cross-platform issues.

Yes, you can install dictionaries for TeXworks in ~/Library/TeXworks/dictionaries. You need to get the dictionaries in OpenOffice 2.0 format (not 3.0) and place the .aff and .dic files in this folder.

However, the dictionaries are not LaTeX-aware like those for Aspell (so you'll get lots and lots of input underlined in red) and there is no GUI for customizing them (activating recognition of LaTeX control sequences, etc.) as with CocoAspell.

Bruno Voisin