[texworks] Preferences on Mac OS X 10.6.2

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 07:23:26 CET 2009

Hi,

just a shot in the dark: does Format -> Font work for you in Tw? If
there is a problem with fonts on your system in general, it shouldn't.
But then again, the dialog may be provided by the OS, in which case it
could work...

Anyway, I just checked the code for populating the font list - it's
actually fairly simple. All the (potentially) problematic stuff is
handled by Qt itself (to be more specific by the QFontDatabase class).
So I'm afraid there's not much we can do about it.

A few other random thoughts:
* I remember that some apps (e.g. the GIMP, I think) appeared to hand on
Windows machines. In fact, all it did was updating some internal font
cache, but due to the large number of fonts installed by default on new
Windows versions this took minutes. No idea if this could be somehow
related?
* Could there be mismatching Qt versions around?

-Stefan