[texworks] back and forth between source tex and pdf?

kap4lin kap4lin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 09:41:26 CET 2009

Thanks Stefan,

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 3:29 AM, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2009-11-22 08:14, kap4lin wrote:
>> Setup: TexLive from Debian/sid - infact, the full texlive distribution!
>>

> Which version of it? This is crucial... (see below)

The stock debian was 2007. I've installed texlive 2009 in /usr/local/texlive/...

>> Has anyone been able to get a working forward and inverse point
>> movements between tex and pdf with texworks on Linux (say, Debian)?
>>

> Yeah, it works nicely out of the box on Ubuntu (Debian based) *IF* you
> have TeXLive >= 2008. Unfortunately, only TeXLive 2007 is in the
> repositories (at least for Ubuntu, but I guess it's the same for
> Debian), which doesn't support the sync feature yet. It's very easy to
> set up TeXLive 2009, though - just visit http://www.tug.org/texlive/.
> You can even have it side-by-side with your distro version.

Great. Now, Ctrl+Click take me from source to pdf, and Right click +
Jump to Source goes the other way. This is how it is supposed to work,
right?

One more question:
Is this texlive 2009 compilable on RedHat EL 5.3 (or 5.4)? I would
guess that the Texworks is not because it depends on Qt 4.5 whereas
RHEL has qt 3.x!

--
Regards
PK