[texworks] back and forth between source tex and pdf?

kap4lin kap4lin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 08:14:09 CET 2009

Hi,

Setup: TexLive from Debian/sid - infact, the full texlive distribution!

How do I go back and forth between the relevant point in latex source
and its pdf. I am more interested in pdflatex. In the usual latex, I
guess this is the forward and inverse search options. Now there is
this thing called "synctex", but I am not sure if it at all works in
Linux.

Has anyone been able to get a working forward and inverse point
movements between tex and pdf with texworks on Linux (say, Debian)?

--
Regards
PK