[texworks] problem getting APA.cls running on locked-down PC

Anton duToit adutoit at nsccahs.health.nsw.gov.au
Mon Nov 9 03:04:33 CET 2009

Hi,

I've installed MiKTeX at work so I had to install only the basic version; our PCs are locked down so they won't allow the installer for the complete version to pull the files off the internet (grr). The PC is running XP Pro.

I am trying to get the APA class to work. I have extracted and put the files in \MiKTeX\tex\latex\apa, but the TeXworks editor still can't find apa.cls: when I try to typeset a document I get the error message:

! LaTeX Error: File `apa.cls' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: cls)

Enter file name:

If I move the file somewhere else I get the error message "Not a local package repository", no matter where I put the files.

Can anyone help??

cheers

Anton

Disclaimer: Unless explicitly attributed, the opinions expressed in this email are those of the author only and do not represent the official view of Northern Sydney Central Coast Health nor the New South Wales Government.