[texworks] Questions about encoding

Peter Hertel peter.hertel at uni-osnabrueck.de
Fri Nov 6 13:10:27 CET 2009

I encountered the same problem. Naturally, UTF-8 is better because it is
the emerging standard. However, to cope with previous projects  with
files in latin1 I wrote a MATLAB program (see the attachement) to
prepend all files by  % !TeX encoding = latin1. I could not find a bach
program which tranlated my files from latin1 to UTF-8. Or is there one?
Regards
Peter