[texworks] message from TeXworks user(MiKTeX)

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 18:27:09 CET 2009

Hi,

On 2009-11-01 16:30, Oliver Kühnle wrote:
> I downloaded MiKTeX complete version and installed it at my Windows
> Vista computer. Everything was fine. I opened an old file with
> TeXworks and then I can't save anything - the programmes just closes
> itselfs... When I open the TeXworks and click open in the programme it
> closes as well.
> What can I do with that error? I couldn't find anything in google.

I take it you're using the Tw version distributed by MiKTeX? If so,
could you please try out the "official" version from Google Code (you
should be able to download the .zip file, unpack it anywhere on your
hard disk and run it from there to avoid breaking anything)?
If the problem persist, this is indeed a problem with the "official" Tw
build.
If using the GoogleCode version solves your problem, please report this
bug to the MiKTeX developers.

HTH