[texworks] Spell checker

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 14:58:44 CET 2009

Hi,

On 2009-10-31 14:32, Bruno Voisin wrote:
> Can /Library/TeXworks be used instead of ~/Library/TeXworks, so that
> the installation is for all users of a Mac? (I imagine not.)

Not at the moment, AFAIK. Right now, there is only a per-user
configuration, or the possibility of the portable mode (in which you can
put resources and configurations in a folder you specify) which doesn't
support per-user overrides, though. A generalization to support both
system-wide and per-user configurations at the same time is definitely
on the wishlist, though.

> Does something similar work with hunspell? (I guess not, or maybe it
> will have to wait for Enchant.)

Enchant is also on the wishlist for quite some time. IIRC, there were
issues related to (easily) building Enchant for MS Windows, which is why
Jonathan has put it on hold for now. I guess we should revisit that some
time to see if the situation has improved.

Cheers