[texworks] Spell checker

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Oct 31 14:10:25 CET 2009

On Oct 31, 2009, at 3:40 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 31 oct. 2009 à 08:02, David Arnold a écrit :
>
>> Thanks. That worked.
>>
>> On Oct 30, 2009, at 10:52 PM, Charlie Sharpsteen wrote:
>>
>>> I think you need to drop only the .dic and .aff files. On my
>>> computer, the contents of:
>>>
>>>  ~/Library/TeXworks/dictionaries/
>>>
>>> Are:
>>>
>>>  en_GB.aff     en_GB.dic
>>>
>>> And spell check works fine.
>
> Does this mean hunspell can now be installed and work with TeXworks
> on the Mac? I thought that was still on the TODO list for the future.
>
> Or do you mean hunspell must be installed separately using Fink or
> Mac Ports?
>
> Last question: this is all separate from CocoAspell, I imagine? Too
> bad, as CocoAspell integration within OS X (as a system preference
> panel fully configurable via a GUI and usable by any Mac
> application) is really top-of-the-range.
>
> Bruno Voisin

Howdy,

No need to install any frameworks; TeXworks has them built-in. I just
got the dictionaries I wanted (aff and dic files) and installed them
in ~/Library/TeXworks/dictionaries/.

I do wish I could use CocoAspell though. I had a hard time getting it
to work when I switched over to Intel from PPC and eventually had to
remove every file that was installed and then install the Intel
version. Works great under 10.6 once I read what was said about the
additional step of setting System Preferences->Language & Text->Text-
 >Spelling to the Aspell dictionary of choice.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)