[texworks] Show warnings and overfill boxes

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 20 15:16:58 CEST 2009

The experimental (v0.3) build includes a proof-of-concept script that
looks for errors in the log and displays them in a summary format; you
can then (double?)click them to go to the source at that location.

Getting this to be 100% reliable is a difficult problem, though,
because the log output isn't really designed to be machine-readable,
and it's hard to keep track of the current input file when packages or
other macros could also be writing arbitrary text to the console/log
at any time. (I don't believe Alain's Lua script would be reliable in
this regard either.)

Running the underlying tex tools with the -file-line-error option
would help somewhat, though it would still not be completely
foolproof. Perhaps I'll try that once the scripting support is more
mature.

JK