[texworks] Command Completion in TeXworks Manual

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Oct 15 17:19:42 CEST 2009

The latest version of the TeXworks Manual is really excellent; I want
to thank everyone involved with it for a great job.

I'd like to add one more thing about the properties of Command
Completion. In the appendix about Command Completion the manual has

keywords for environments start with b: bali for align (b for \begin).
When the environment has possible options, there is one or more o
added to the base name: bminp for \begin{minipage}{}... and bminpo for

it is not made clear that successive presses of Tab will continue to
choose the next available match so knowing the `o', `oo', `s', etc.,
versions of abbreviations is not necessary; e.g. typing \newc and Tab

(with the insertion point between the initial braces) while pressing
Tab again gives the newco version with one optional argument,

and another press of Tab gives the newcoo version with two optional

etc. Many fewer abbreviations to remember.

Try it, I think you'll like it.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)