[texworks] Command Completion in TeXworks Manual

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Oct 15 17:19:42 CEST 2009

Howdy,

The latest version of the TeXworks Manual is really excellent; I want
to thank everyone involved with it for a great job.

I'd like to add one more thing about the properties of Command
Completion. In the appendix about Command Completion the manual has

keywords for environments start with b: bali for align (b for \begin).
When the environment has possible options, there is one or more o
added to the base name: bminp for \begin{minipage}{}... and bminpo for
\begin{minipage}[]{}....

it is not made clear that successive presses of Tab will continue to
choose the next available match so knowing the `o', `oo', `s', etc.,
versions of abbreviations is not necessary; e.g. typing \newc and Tab
gives

\newcommand{}{•}

(with the insertion point between the initial braces) while pressing
Tab again gives the newco version with one optional argument,

\newcommand{}[•]{•},

and another press of Tab gives the newcoo version with two optional
arguments,

\newcommand{}[•][•]{•},

etc. Many fewer abbreviations to remember.

Try it, I think you'll like it.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)