[texworks] Tw website (was: TL'09 release)

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 17:57:31 CEST 2009

Hi,

On 2009-10-11 00:46, Karl Berry wrote:
>     BTW: Updating the Tw homepage at http://www.tug.org/texworks/ might be a
>     good idea, now that we have an initial release and Tw is also included
>     in TL09.
>
> Stefan, would you like to do this?  That would be great.

Sure, no problem.

> Attached is the source html.  If this is needed on a regular basis, I'm
> happy to give you access to the tug server.

Thanks. Since your file was the same as the one that is in the svn
repository (in the website subdirectory), I used the svn version. I've
attached a patch against that version. I think it's best to keep the
repository in sync with the actual live website.

I kept the general page structure and only added some remarks about Tw
being included in binary form the TL and MiKTeX. I changed the "Plans
for the initial release" to "History" with the "0.2.x stable release". I
also moved the future plans up (right beneath the history), added a few
ideas from the issue list and noted that 0.3.0 is the current
development release.

In the current form, I don't think updates are necessary on a regular
basis. However, I would suggest to either rework the current page or
create a new "promotional" page for Tw. The current page is a great
place for getting all sorts of information, but IMO most people are used
to colorful promotional pages where the first things you see are
spectacular screenshots and download links. I'm not necessarily in favor
of that development, but on the current page the fact that you can
actually download Tw is only mentioned in a short paragraph somewhere in
the middle of the text.

Cheers