[texworks] Problems with Svorak keyboard layout

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Tue Sep 29 21:08:20 CEST 2009

On 29 September 2009 Benct Philip Jonsson wrote:

 > I use a Svorak (Swedish Dvorak) keyboard
 > layout on Ubuntu.  TeXWorks doesn't seem to
 > understand this, assuming QWERTY, so I have
 > to type e.g. Ctrl-o to save.
 >
 > Is there a workaround?

Strange.  Doesn't a keyboard layout map "scan codes" to character codes
and all programs receive character codes only?  If there is such a layer
of abstraction, this shouldn't happen.

In order to find out whether it's a TeXworks problem at all, can you
try it with another program?

Can you quit Adobe Reader with Ctrl-q ?

If TeXworks gives different results, it's probably worthwhile to
repeat the test with another program which is based on QT.  I doubt
that TeXworks itself is the culprit.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25