[texworks] Colors and Macros

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 29 15:12:24 CEST 2009

On 29 Sep 2009, at 13:36, Alexander Weber wrote:

> Dear TeXworks Team,
>
> I work with TextPad to write my Latex documents and build the PDFs.
> I have some feature suggestions for TeXworks.
>
> First of all, it would be nice to be able to change the colors.

Do you mean the syntax highlighting colors? If so, they're defined in
the configuration file syntax-patterns.txt, which you are free to
customize.

If you mean the overall default text color and background: yes,
someone asked about this earlier, but it's not yet implemented.

> The ability to define macros and link them with keyboard shortcuts
> would be a nice feature too.

This depends on support for a scripting/macro language, which will be
coming after the initial stable release with TL'09.

JK