[texworks] TeXWorks under MiTeX Portable - two different .exe s?

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 29 11:36:11 CEST 2009

On 29 Sep 2009, at 07:18, Alain Delmotte wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> I think the MikTeX version is the version created by Jonathan, not
> mine.
> Which version is it? Could you check the version through Help/About?
> Further the dll are not the same depending the compilation system:
> MinGW - MSVC - Jonathan system.
>
> Now, why they have 2 exe??!! Did they compile it them self?

MikTeX comes with a version they've built themselves; they're
customizing it slightly (the things I know of: adding a MikTeX Help
item to the Help menu, and adapting the default configuration of the
typesetting tools -- though I suppose that could be done via a config
file rather than code modifications).

I've never heard anything from the MikTeX developers, so I don't know
any further details about what they're doing.

JK